- Objective: In response to BLIA General Conference theme, “Wisdom and Innovation” to advocate Founding President Venerable Master Hsing Yun’s concept, “being touched is the most beautiful world,” and to exhibit Humanistic Buddhism’s truth, kindness, and beauty through the camera lens.
- Organizer: Buddha’s Light International Association World Headquarters
Executive Organizer: BLIA World Headquarters Photography and Painting Art Committee
Co-organizers: BLIA Chapters, BLTV (Beautiful Life Television), and Merit Times.
- Eligibility: All who enjoy photography are welcome to participate regardless of age and Category:
- Camera: Electronic files taken by traditional or digital The total number of entries submitted is limited to 3 pieces.
- Mobile phone: Electronic files taken by mobile phones or tablet The total number of entries submitted is limited to 3 pieces.
- Photography main theme: “Being touched is the most beautiful world,” focusing on BLIA activities or members.
★Time period for photos taken: June 1, 2021 ~ May 31, 2023
- Evaluation criteria:
- Main theme content 50%: presentation and relevance of main theme
- Creativity and aesthetics 30%: picture composition expression and technique
- Photography skills 20%: color, lighting, and other skills in expression
- Awards: For selected entries, each winner will be awarded US$100 – US$200 and a recognition certificate to be presented at the 2020 BLIA General Conference in October.
- Registration steps:
★ Registration Time: January 1 to May 31, 2023
- Entry specifications
- All entries must be contestant’s own
- The contestant must own full copyrights of the artwork, do not violate portraiture rights, and participation with the name of another person is prohibited.
- The photo entry must not be a winning entry that had participated in other photo contests or an entry that had been previously exhibited. If a third party disputes the winning work and the organizer confirms the dispute is true, the contestant is disqualified, the placing is not supplemented, and the reward is confiscated. It is the sole responsibility of the contestant; the organizer is not responsible for the violation of copyright or other related legal liabilities.
- Valid entries
- All submitted photo entries must be taken within 3 years (June 2021 ~ May 2023).
- Every entry must specify “notion of creation” and the entry should not convey false or misleading impressions.
- Every entry’s digital file should be saved in the following format: author name-serial number-name of entry (Example: Wang Xiaoming-01.Buddha’s Light Babies). The entry details should tally with the details provided on registration form.
- Camera category requirements
- Entries taken using traditional or digital camera.
- After the image file is compressed, the file size must be less than 5MB in JPEG format. The image size must be 8 million pixels (2400*3600 width and height, 300 dpi).
- The work must be completed in one shot. Only brightness, contrast, color saturation, sharpness, and color shift corrections can be adjusted. Continuous operation, plagiarism, decoration, additive color, heavy exposure, modification, grid placement, and synthesis (including increasing or decreasing the elements of the original image), etc. will not be accepted.
- Every entry must also submit RAW file at the same time for inspection.
- Mobile phone category requirements
- Works taken with mobile phone or tablet, including iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Android mobile phone and tablet, and Windows mobile phone.
- It is permissible to use the APP on the mobile device to edit the basic necessary images. Only brightness, contrast, color saturation, sharpness, and color shift corrections can be adjusted. Continuous operation, plagiarism, decoration, additive color, heavy exposure, modification, grid placement, and synthesis, including increasing or decreasing the elements of the original image, etc. will not be accepted.
- Other special effects or synthesis using PC are prohibited.
- Do not over-compress the picture. The image size must be more than 10 megapixels (10 million pixels).
★ All entries should comply with the contest theme and entry specifications mentioned above, otherwise the entry will not be accepted.
- Evaluation: The organizer is to appoint a judging committee to evaluate the entries.
- Publishing of winners: A list of winners will be published on BLIA World Headquarters website in October 2023. In addition to notifying individual winners, the list of winners will be published on BLTV and the Merit Times. Non-winners will not be notified separately.
- Please note the following:
- When registering, please submit your basic information, photo entry and copyrights transfer agreement and non-violation of copyright and portraiture right agreement (refer to Annex) to the organizer.
- If there are any missing information or non-compliance with the format of submission, the participant will not be notified. Non-compliant participants will be regarded as giving up their opportunity to participate in the contest.
- BLIA agrees for winners to retain their winning entries in duplicates.
- Contestants are deemed to agree with the provisions listed in the General Regulations.
- These General Regulations may be amended by the organizer any time as the organizer reserves the right to make amendments. Should there be any amendments made, notifications will be posted on the BLIA website, separate notifications will not be issued to participants.
- The full copyrights of the winning entries will be owned by BLIA. BLIA will have the right to display at any location, to use it in any form, and to authorize the use by third parties. All the above is for free use without compensation. The winner cannot revoke this authorization.
- BLIA World Headquarters official website: http://www.blia.org