【Congratulations to all Semi-Final Qualifiers!】
Kindly check your email for the official Letter of Acceptance to Semi Finals for more information.
(1) Participants can either submit their works in MP3 or MP4 format. Language of work will not be a barrier, but the lyrics provided by the organizer must be used as a content to compose the music.
(2) Judges will select the top 30% contestants for semi-finals based on a continent (America, Asia, Europe, Oceania, Africa) as the basic unit.
(3) Announcement of results: Name lists of semi-finalists will be posted on the official website in early June 2022. Organizer will notify semi-finalists via email.
(1) Judges will select top 30% contestants for finals.
(2) Announcement of results: Name lists of semi-finalists will be posted on official website in early August 2022. Organizer will inform finalists the date and location of final contest via email.
3. Finals and Award Ceremony:
(1) Date ：Mid September
(2) To ensure fairness of contest, finalists must be present in person during the contest.
(3) Announcement of results：results will be announced after the finals after discussion by judges, awards will be presented. Results will be posted to official website.
(4) The organizer reserves the right to adjust the contest method, depending on the pandemic situation.
＊The preliminary, semi-final and final performance for adult category can be presented by the song composer himself, or by other people.
1. Need to use lyrics provided by organizer in song composition.
2. File name format:“The Sounds of the Human World Sound Design Contest – Continent – Country – Name of participant”
For instance:“The Sounds of the Human World Sound Design Contest – Oceania – New Zealand – Zhang San Hao”
3. Duration of each song should not be more than 4 minutes.
4. Language: no limit.
(1) Video format: MP4 and HD (1920x1080)
(2) Need to add lyrics
(3) Should not violate public order or morals
6. Audio file:
(1) The audio file must be either in MP3 or wav format.
(2) The lyrics must be submitted in word format.
7. Music sheets should be attached for selected works. (Staff or Numbered Musical Notation)
8. Any equipment may be used for producing the video, please ensure there is no background noise.
9. Should there be any violation of the rules above, the organizer will notify participant to rectify the video. Failure to resubmit a new video will be regarded as the participant’s withdrawal from the contest.
【Points to Note】
Q: After submission of entry, how do I know the outcome of my submission?
A: After receiving your entry, the organizer will contact the contestants via email, please ensure your email is correct.
Q: During submission of entry, if there are any technical problems or unable to submit an entry, what should I do?
A: When you encounter a system error, please snap shot the problematic page and forward the screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org via email, describe the problem you encounter to us, we will assist you to resolve the system error and complete your submission.
Q: I received feedback that my entry does not comply with the format or rules of the contest, how do I edit my entry?
A: The notification letter will specify how to submit or upload your edited version of entry, please pay special attention to the letter.
Q: Does a video needed to participate in the preliminary contest?
A: The work used for participating this contest can either be a MP4 or MP3 format. There will be no limitation on the content of the video, however, lyrics must be added. If a MP3 format is being used, lyrics must be submitted together. The video presentation will not be part of the evaluation for the preliminary contest.
BLIA 2022 The Sounds of the Human World Sound Design Contest Venerable Ru Yin:+60162808683